Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Look what the UPS guy brought me today!

I'm so excited to get my new Blentec blender! That's right, I finally broke down and bought something powerful enough to actually blend smoothies, salad dressings, and all that good stuff. After almost a year of striving for a raw food diet and struggling with my old food processor - really asking waaaayyy too much of it (just look at that poor sad thing in the background!), I wanted to get just the right one, but the pros and cons of Vita-Mix vs. Blendtec had me in decision paralysis for the past few months.

But then I saw this. Ignore the creepy people and skip forward to 3 minutes and 30 seconds into the video and just watch for 30 seconds. My jaw dropped. This is the new Blendtec WildSide Total blender and it not only beats the pants off the older Blendtec model, but the Vita-Mix as well. Plus, it's easier to clean, lighter and shorter so it fits under my cabinets which means I can keep it on the counter and use it every day.

So what am I going to make first? I guess I'll try my super-duper deluxe breakfast smoothie first thing in the morning and hopefully I'll save some time by a) blending faster and b) not making a mess I have to clean up!

Super Duper Banana Smoothie
1 medium banana (peeled and frozen)
1-2 tsp. greens powder (I like the cocoa flavored stuff, of course!)
1-2 tsp. mesquite powder
1-2 tsp. protein powder
1-2 tsp. raw carob powder
2 c. cold water (I like mine a little more fluid than most smoothies)


Optional - one of the following:
1 Tbsp. peanut or almond butter
4 or 5 frozen cherries
Blend until smooth and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment